At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 1.45%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ), which rose 6.86% or 0.012 points to trade at 0.184 at the close. K.L.M. (AT: KLUr ) added 4.58% or 0.024 points to end at 0.550 and Elastron SA (AT: ELSRr ) was up 3.83% or 0.0450 points to 1.2200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Bank of Greece SA (AT: NBGr ), which lost 13.20% or 0.184 points to trade at 1.210 in late trade. Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) declined 9.84% or 0.0600 points to end at 0.5500 and Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ) shed 6.22% or 0.084 points to 1.266.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 69 to 30 and 14 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.25% or 3.00 to $1202.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 2.12% or 1.18 to hit $56.87 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 2.25% or 1.47 to trade at $66.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.19% to 1.1311, while EUR/GBP fell 0.08% to 0.8693.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 96.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.