At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite lost 1.74% to hit a new 6-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Plaisio Comp (AT: PLAr ), which rose 5.57% or 0.220 points to trade at 4.170 at the close. Motor Oil Hellas Corinth Refineries SA (AT: MORr ) added 3.23% or 0.62 points to end at 19.80 and Iaso (AT: IASr ) was up 3.09% or 0.024 points to 0.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Loulis Mills (AT: LOUr ), which lost 8.93% or 0.20 points to trade at 2.04 in late trade. Quest Holdings (AT: IQTr ) declined 5.35% or 0.650 points to end at 11.500 and Titan Cement Company SA (AT: TTNr ) shed 5.25% or 1.050 points to 18.950.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 70 to 24 and 15 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.26% or 3.10 to $1188.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.20% or 0.13 to hit $65.14 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.14% or 0.10 to trade at $70.86 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.45% to 1.1398, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8951.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.29% at 96.31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.