At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 1.99% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Iaso (AT: IASr ), which rose 3.36% or 0.026 points to trade at 0.800 at the close. Gek Terna (AT: HRMr ) added 3.01% or 0.150 points to end at 5.140 and Intercontinental International Real Estate Investment Company SA (AT: ICIr ) was up 2.88% or 0.150 points to 5.350 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Bank of Greece SA (AT: NBGr ), which lost 6.33% or 0.138 points to trade at 2.042 in late trade. Crete Plastics SA (AT: PLAKR ) declined 5.56% or 0.800 points to end at 13.600 and Athens Water (AT: EYDr ) shed 5.29% or 0.29 points to 5.19.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 73 to 32 and 9 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.33% or 4.00 to $1203.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.20% or 0.84 to hit $69.03 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 1.00% or 0.78 to trade at $77.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.1625, while EUR/GBP fell 0.42% to 0.8973.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.29% at 95.09.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.