At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 2.10% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Athens Medical (AT: AMCr ), which rose 8.91% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.100 at the close. Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ) added 4.41% or 0.007 points to end at 0.166 and Gek Terna (AT: HRMr ) was up 3.87% or 0.190 points to 5.100 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ), which lost 20.73% or 0.340 points to trade at 1.300 in late trade. Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) declined 14.69% or 0.0925 points to end at 0.5370 and Attica Bank SA (AT: BOAr ) shed 13.46% or 0.022 points to 0.144.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 73 to 32 and 18 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.13% or 1.60 to $1205.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.52% or 0.39 to hit $75.62 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.75% or 0.64 to trade at $85.44 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.13% to 1.1532, while EUR/GBP fell 0.37% to 0.8864.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 95.26.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.