At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 2.18%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Profile Syst (AT: PRFr ), which rose 7.87% or 0.105 points to trade at 1.440 at the close. Athens Medical (AT: AMCr ) added 2.14% or 0.030 points to end at 1.430 and Iktinos Hellas (AT: IKTr ) was up 1.84% or 0.0800 points to 4.4300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hygeia (AT: HYGr ), which lost 8.75% or 0.077 points to trade at 0.803 in late trade. Marfin Invest (AT: MRFr ) declined 5.27% or 0.008 points to end at 0.151 and Titan Cement Company SA (AT: TTNr ) shed 4.65% or 1.050 points to 21.550.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 90 to 30 and 11 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.67% or 8.70 to $1314.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.54% or 0.37 to hit $67.56 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.49% or 0.36 to trade at $73.00 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.11% to 1.1964, while EUR/GBP rose 0.25% to 0.8827.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 92.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.