At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite fell 0.17%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Euro Reliance (AT: EREr ), which rose 5.68% or 0.100 points to trade at 1.860 at the close. Select Textile (AT: EPIr ) added 4.73% or 0.007 points to end at 0.155 and Techn Olympic (AT: OLYr ) was up 3.29% or 0.023 points to 0.723 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Elton S.A. (AT: ELNr ), which lost 4.98% or 0.047 points to trade at 0.896 in late trade. Hygeia (AT: HYGr ) declined 4.96% or 0.007 points to end at 0.134 and Elinoil Hellenic Petroleum Company SA (AT: ELIr ) shed 4.71% or 0.0400 points to 0.8100.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 48 to 39 and 16 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.48% or 6.35 to $1316.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 2.06% or 0.90 to hit $44.52 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 2.08% or 0.95 to trade at $46.72 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.27% to 1.1185, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8561.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.41% at 95.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.