At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite declined 0.40%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Elton S.A. (AT: ELNr ), which rose 2.27% or 0.020 points to trade at 0.900 at the close. Titan Cement Company SA (AT: TTNr ) added 2.12% or 0.440 points to end at 21.240 and Techn Olympic (AT: OLYr ) was up 1.91% or 0.016 points to 0.855 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Metka (AT: MTKr ), which lost 4.71% or 0.36 points to trade at 7.28 in late trade. Hygeia (AT: HYGr ) declined 4.08% or 0.006 points to end at 0.141 and Jumbo SA (AT: BABr ) shed 3.40% or 0.400 points to 11.370.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 45 to 42 and 17 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.80% or 9.80 to $1214.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.77% or 0.77 to hit $42.64 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.72% or 0.77 to trade at $43.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 1.27% to 1.0716, while EUR/GBP fell 0.27% to 0.8605.
The US Dollar Index was up 1.21% at 100.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.