Greece shares lower at close of trade; Athens General-Composite down 0.54%
Investing.com – Greece equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Construction , Chemicals and Banking sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite lost 0.54%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Revoil Petrol (AT: REVr ), which rose 6.88% or 0.028 points to trade at 0.435 at the close. Papoutsanis (AT: PSALr ) added 6.03% or 0.012 points to end at 0.211 and Intralot (AT: INLr ) was up 5.50% or 0.060 points to 1.150 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Select Textile (AT: EPIr ), which lost 5.29% or 0.011 points to trade at 0.197 in late trade. Iaso (AT: IASr ) declined 4.10% or 0.036 points to end at 0.843 and J. & P. Avax (AT: AVAr ) shed 3.14% or 0.014 points to 0.432.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 59 to 51 and 8 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.34% or 4.17 to $1247.67 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.30% or 0.13 to hit $43.38 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.48% or 0.22 to trade at $45.80 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.10% to 1.1145, while EUR/GBP fell 0.18% to 0.8800.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 97.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or