At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite fell 1.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Marfin Invest (AT: MRFr ), which rose 10.53% or 0.020 points to trade at 0.210 at the close. Hygeia (AT: HYGr ) added 5.11% or 0.009 points to end at 0.185 and Elliniki Technodomiki Anemos SA (AT: ANEMr ) was up 4.83% or 0.034 points to 0.738 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Athens Medical (AT: AMCr ), which lost 8.44% or 0.065 points to trade at 0.705 in late trade. Reds (AT: CAMr ) declined 8.24% or 0.031 points to end at 0.345 and Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) shed 6.48% or 0.070 points to 1.010.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 58 to 39 and 13 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.75% or 9.10 to $1211.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.51% or 0.25 to hit $49.23 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.85% or 0.42 to trade at $49.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.59% to 1.1128, while EUR/GBP fell 0.25% to 0.7611.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.47% at 95.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.