At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite fell 3.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Reds (AT: CAMr ), which rose 9.35% or 0.029 points to trade at 0.339 at the close. Sarantiseg (AT: SRSr ) added 8.87% or 0.67 points to end at 8.22 and Iaso (AT: IASr ) was up 6.65% or 0.027 points to 0.432 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Frigoglass (AT: FRIr ), which lost 14.87% or 0.08 points to trade at 0.48 in late trade. Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ) declined 10.11% or 0.018 points to end at 0.160 and National Bank of Greece (AT: NBGr ) shed 8.70% or 0.02 points to 0.21.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 44 to 44 and 14 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for April delivery was down 0.61% or 7.70 to $1246.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.34% or 0.14 to hit $41.28 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.17% or 0.07 to trade at $41.27 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.17% to 1.1250, while EUR/GBP rose 0.37% to 0.7817.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.22% at 95.28.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.