Investing.com – Greece equities were lower at the close on Monday, as in the sectors propelled shares .
At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite unchanged 0.00%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Euro Reliance (AT: EREr ), which rose 10.43% or 0.340 points to trade at 3.600 at the close. Iaso (AT: IASr ) added 9.88% or 0.085 points to end at 0.945 and Viohalco SA (AT: VIOH ) was up 7.41% or 0.180 points to 2.610 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Select Textile (AT: EPIr ), which lost 9.28% or 0.022 points to trade at 0.214 in late trade. Athens Medical (AT: AMCr ) declined 5.22% or 0.070 points to end at 1.270 and Motor Oil Hellas Corinth Refineries SA (AT: MORr ) shed 3.23% or 0.62 points to 18.58.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 61 to 46 and 11 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.87% or 10.88 to $1245.52 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.33% or 0.14 to hit $42.87 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.59% or 0.27 to trade at $45.48 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.05% to 1.1201, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.8794.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 96.93.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.