India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 0.12%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Capital Goods , Consumer Durables and Banking sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 rose 0.12%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index climbed 0.19%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ), which rose 6.33% or 19.85 points to trade at 333.55 at the close. Larsen & Toubro Ltd (NS: LART ) added 4.03% or 49.05 points to end at 1264.95 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) was up 3.01% or 37.75 points to 1290.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. (NS: ARBN ), which lost 6.25% or 49.30 points to trade at 740.10 in late trade. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) declined 4.00% or 17.60 points to end at 422.55 and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (NS: HPCL ) shed 3.41% or 14.70 points to 416.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which rose 6.20% to 333.20, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which was up 3.90% to settle at 1264.05 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 2.99% to close at 1290.75.
The worst performers were Tata Motors Ltd (BO: TAMO ) which was down 4.01% to 422.65 in late trade, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 2.00% to settle at 883.50 and Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was down 1.57% to 1176.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 928 to 656 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1479 fell and 1161 advanced, while 138 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.56% to 13.4750.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.18% or 2.36 to $1285.14 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $57.19 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.16% or 0.10 to trade at $64.03 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.07% to 65.132, while EUR/INR rose 0.30% to 75.8714.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 94.35.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or