India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 0.28%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Oil & Gas , Banking and Capital Goods sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 added 0.28% to hit a new all time high, while the BSE Sensex 30 index climbed 0.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ), which rose 2.50% or 7.75 points to trade at 317.70 at the close. Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ) added 1.94% or 7.15 points to end at 374.80 and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) was up 2.72% or 15.75 points to 591.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which lost 1.30% or 10.20 points to trade at 775.35 in late trade. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. (NS: ARBN ) declined 0.99% or 6.65 points to end at 667.05 and Lupin Ltd (NS: LUPN ) shed 1.38% or 12.80 points to 919.10.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which rose 2.63% to 317.60, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was up 1.27% to settle at 9460.30 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which gained 1.26% to close at 200.25.
The worst performers were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 1.04% to 509.40 in late trade, Lupin Ltd (BO: LUPN ) which lost 0.98% to settle at 919.15 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 0.89% to 267.50 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 950 to 662 and 28 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1536 fell and 1305 advanced, while 144 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.00% to 13.7325.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.79% or 10.40 to $1332.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.44% or 0.28 to hit $63.52 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.13% or 0.09 to trade at $69.17 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.06% to 63.645, while EUR/INR rose 0.66% to 77.1347.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.58% at 91.13.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or