The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ), which rose 4.43% or 24.55 points to trade at 577.25 at the close. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) added 3.75% or 84.55 points to end at 2336.05 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) was up 3.13% or 187.45 points to 6176.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ), which lost 1.97% or 20.30 points to trade at 1012.50 in late trade. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (NS: HPCL ) declined 2.09% or 6.60 points to end at 311.15 and Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) shed 0.97% or 2.60 points to 264.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which rose 3.91% to 576.30, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was up 2.87% to settle at 909.00 and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which gained 2.54% to close at 1902.40.
The worst performers were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 1.94% to 1012.30 in late trade, Coal India Ltd (BO: COAL ) which lost 0.99% to settle at 265.10 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 0.44% to 1811.80 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 845 to 736 and 54 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1362 fell and 1122 advanced, while 127 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.41% to 12.0225.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.02% or 0.20 to $1270.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.11% or 0.73 to hit $66.27 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.26% or 0.92 to trade at $73.97 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.03% to 67.855, while EUR/INR rose 0.09% to 78.9070.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 94.32.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.