India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 0.81%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Power , Real Estate and Capital Goods sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 added 0.81%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index added 0.87%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which rose 4.14% or 28.40 points to trade at 713.10 at the close. Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ) added 2.81% or 9.15 points to end at 335.40 and Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. (NS: ARBN ) was up 2.97% or 17.50 points to 607.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ), which lost 2.13% or 6.30 points to trade at 288.75 in late trade. HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) declined 2.49% or 24.00 points to end at 939.15 and Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) shed 1.87% or 8.90 points to 467.55.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which rose 4.22% to 712.50, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was up 2.51% to settle at 198.05 and Lupin Ltd (BO: LUPN ) which gained 2.24% to close at 839.30.
The worst performers were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 2.67% to 288.50 in late trade, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which lost 0.72% to settle at 1103.80 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 0.53% to 269.85 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1287 to 327 and 31 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2006 rose and 761 declined, while 131 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 7.01% to 17.8825.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.60% or 7.90 to $1323.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.91% or 1.13 to hit $60.33 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.67% or 1.05 to trade at $63.84 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.15% to 64.315, while EUR/INR rose 0.15% to 78.8815.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 90.11.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or