The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Idea Cellular Ltd (NS: IDEA ), which rose 6.88% or 6.50 points to trade at 101.00 at the close. Bank Of Baroda (NS: BOB ) added 2.66% or 4.25 points to end at 164.30 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) was up 2.43% or 18.75 points to 791.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ), which lost 4.86% or 7.00 points to trade at 136.90 in late trade. Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) declined 3.58% or 21.40 points to end at 576.10 and Tata Power Co. Ltd (NS: TTPW ) shed 2.92% or 2.25 points to 74.80.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which rose 2.35% to 1039.25, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was up 2.03% to settle at 2603.20 and Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which gained 0.96% to close at 353.55.
The worst performers were Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which was down 4.60% to 136.95 in late trade, Tata Power Co. Ltd (BO: TTPW ) which lost 3.24% to settle at 74.75 and NTPC Limited (BO: NTPC ) which was down 2.90% to 158.80 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 782 to 667 and 80 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 839 fell and 760 advanced, while 72 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.37% to 13.8975.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.01% or 0.10 to $1343.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.12% or 0.53 to hit $46.88 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 1.18% or 0.58 to trade at $48.58 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.21% to 67.055, while EUR/INR fell 0.11% to 75.9800.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.15% at 94.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.