The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bosch Ltd (NS: BOSH ), which rose 3.32% or 731.55 points to trade at 22760.05 at the close. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) added 1.30% or 4.70 points to end at 364.90 and Bharti Infratel Limited (NS: BHRI ) was up 1.26% or 3.85 points to 309.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tech Mahindra Limited (NS: TEML ), which lost 2.55% or 12.45 points to trade at 476.50 in late trade. Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) declined 1.54% or 9.75 points to end at 622.25 and Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) shed 1.34% or 13.50 points to 996.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which rose 1.22% to 364.80, Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which was up 1.16% to settle at 3311.60 and Larsen & Toubro Limited (BO: LART ) which gained 1.02% to close at 1491.95.
The worst performers were ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which was down 0.99% to 270.55 in late trade, POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA (BO: PGRD ) which lost 0.88% to settle at 192.55 and Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which was down 0.79% to 2850.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 928 to 556 and 83 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1607 fell and 1120 advanced, while 171 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.01% to 13.9575.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.57% or 6.85 to $1196.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.49% or 0.24 to hit $49.52 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.40% or 0.21 to trade at $52.40 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.17% to 66.600, while EUR/INR rose 0.23% to 70.6947.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 101.83.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.