The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Punjab National Bank (NS: PNBK ), which rose 3.93% or 3.05 points to trade at 80.70 at the close. Tata Power Co. Ltd (NS: TTPW ) added 2.65% or 1.95 points to end at 75.45 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) was up 2.31% or 16.80 points to 743.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ), which lost 1.64% or 12.70 points to trade at 759.35 in late trade. Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) declined 1.53% or 19.30 points to end at 1238.10 and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) shed 1.52% or 7.05 points to 455.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Power Co. Ltd (BO: TTPW ) which rose 2.72% to 75.55, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which was up 1.80% to settle at 121.40 and Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which gained 1.78% to close at 111.80.
The worst performers were Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was down 1.50% to 1238.30 in late trade, HDFC Bank Ltd. (BO: HDBK ) which lost 1.00% to settle at 1162.40 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 0.77% to 2611.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 952 to 486 and 57 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1003 rose and 587 declined, while 50 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.83% to 15.1425.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was up 0.68% or 8.45 to $1255.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.29% or 0.65 to hit $51.01 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.34% or 0.69 to trade at $52.13 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.01% to 66.653, while EUR/INR rose 0.08% to 75.7740.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.14% at 93.71.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.