India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 0.18%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods , Healthcare and Real Estate sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 gained 0.18%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index climbed 0.14%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ), which rose 2.70% or 3.95 points to trade at 150.30 at the close. Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) added 2.45% or 12.70 points to end at 530.85 and Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) was up 1.94% or 20.25 points to 1065.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Yes Bank Ltd. (NS: YESB ), which lost 2.53% or 31.70 points to trade at 1221.80 in late trade. POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA (NS: PGRD ) declined 2.43% or 4.35 points to end at 174.80 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (NS: AXBK ) shed 2.17% or 13.05 points to 588.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which rose 2.66% to 150.30, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was up 1.63% to settle at 1062.45 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which gained 1.47% to close at 5443.35.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 2.25% to 588.75 in late trade, Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which lost 1.86% to settle at 3522.60 and TATA STEEL LIMITED (BO: TISC ) which was down 1.83% to 366.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 782 to 674 and 76 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1437 rose and 1235 declined, while 192 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.58% to 14.6775.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.11% or 1.50 to $1324.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.92% or 0.40 to hit $43.98 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.18% or 0.54 to trade at $46.39 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.32% to 67.010, while EUR/INR rose 0.22% to 75.3130.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.06% at 95.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or