The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone (NS: APSE ), which rose 5.28% or 10.15 points to trade at 202.30 at the close. Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ) added 3.74% or 36.85 points to end at 1021.70 and Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) was up 3.37% or 11.85 points to 363.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ), which lost 3.27% or 6.70 points to trade at 198.25 in late trade. Vedanta Ltd (NS: VDAN ) declined 3.22% or 3.50 points to end at 105.05 and Punjab National Bank (NS: PNBK ) shed 2.91% or 2.30 points to 76.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which rose 3.36% to 363.45, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was up 2.60% to settle at 360.75 and Coal India Limited (BO: COAL ) which gained 2.04% to close at 297.60.
The worst performers were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 3.39% to 197.90 in late trade, Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which lost 3.00% to settle at 105.05 and ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which was down 2.08% to 240.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 791 to 644 and 60 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 864 rose and 722 declined, while 57 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.31% to 15.8350.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was up 0.09% or 1.15 to $1218.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.24% or 0.61 to hit $48.49 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.24% or 0.62 to trade at $49.27 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.25% to 67.427, while EUR/INR rose 0.55% to 75.2490.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.31% at 95.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.