The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which rose 3.78% or 7.65 points to trade at 210.25 at the close. AXIS Bank Ltd. (NS: AXBK ) added 3.47% or 16.90 points to end at 503.35 and Housing Development Finance Corp. (NS: HDFC ) was up 2.65% or 31.40 points to 1217.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ), which lost 2.42% or 461.50 points to trade at 18601.65 in late trade. NTPC Limited (NS: NTPC ) declined 2.21% or 3.10 points to end at 137.00 and Punjab National Bank (NS: PNBK ) shed 1.60% or 1.20 points to 73.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which rose 3.72% to 210.35, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was up 3.32% to settle at 503.00 and Housing Development Finance Corp. (BO: HDFC ) which gained 2.44% to close at 1216.25.
The worst performers were NTPC Limited (BO: NTPC ) which was down 2.18% to 137.05 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 1.38% to settle at 834.80 and HDFC Bank Ltd. (BO: HDBK ) which was down 0.81% to 1153.60 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 709 to 702 and 81 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 806 fell and 753 advanced, while 69 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.87% to 16.3725.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.06% or 0.75 to $1273.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $47.72 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.39% or 0.19 to trade at $48.78 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.14% to 66.816, while EUR/INR fell 0.04% to 75.6510.
The US Dollar Index was unchanged 0.00% at 94.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.