The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ), which rose 4.76% or 24.10 points to trade at 530.10 at the close. Tata Motors Ltd . (NS: TAMO ) added 4.28% or 21.55 points to end at 525.30 and Hero MotoCorp Limited (NS: HROM ) was up 3.24% or 107.15 points to 3412.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ), which lost 3.04% or 23.65 points to trade at 755.10 in late trade. Bharti Infratel Limited (NS: BHRI ) declined 2.54% or 8.800 points to end at 338.050 and Wipro Ltd . (NS: WIPR ) shed 2.29% or 11.20 points to 478.80.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Motors Ltd. (BO: TAMO ) which rose 4.18% to 524.70, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was up 2.85% to settle at 1057.00 and Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which gained 2.81% to close at 3410.00.
The worst performers were Wipro Ltd. (BO: WIPR ) which was down 2.33% to 478.55 in late trade, HDFC Bank Ltd. (BO: HDBK ) which lost 1.55% to settle at 1238.35 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 1.09% to 2501.60 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 819 to 642 and 63 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 920 fell and 683 advanced, while 70 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.98% to 13.1650 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.30% or 3.95 to $1321.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.45% or 0.69 to hit $46.95 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 1.58% or 0.79 to trade at $49.36 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.08% to 67.191, while EUR/INR fell 0.04% to 75.1420.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.15% at 95.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.