India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 0.43%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods , IT and Oil & Gas sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 gained 0.43%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index gained 0.66%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ), which rose 3.10% or 695.20 points to trade at 23135.25 at the close. Grasim Industries Ltd. (NS: GRAS ) added 2.65% or 125.30 points to end at 4853.35 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (NS: AXBK ) was up 2.28% or 13.45 points to 602.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Yes Bank Ltd. (NS: YESB ), which lost 4.26% or 52.00 points to trade at 1169.80 in late trade. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ) declined 2.43% or 3.65 points to end at 146.65 and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) shed 2.15% or 11.40 points to 519.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which rose 2.25% to 5565.95, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was up 2.11% to settle at 601.15 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which gained 2.08% to close at 260.40.
The worst performers were Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which was down 2.40% to 146.70 in late trade, TATA STEEL LIMITED (BO: TISC ) which lost 2.14% to settle at 359.05 and Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 2.05% to 162.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 793 to 680 and 69 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1399 fell and 1294 advanced, while 188 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.66% to 14.5800.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.22% or 2.85 to $1315.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.62% or 0.71 to hit $43.20 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 1.70% or 0.79 to trade at $45.80 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.23% to 67.016, while EUR/INR rose 0.00% to 75.2180.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.20% at 95.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or