The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. (NS: ARBN ), which rose 4.91% or 37.35 points to trade at 798.05 at the close. Coal India Limited (NS: COAL ) added 3.23% or 10.30 points to end at 329.25 and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ) was up 3.11% or 4.35 points to 144.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wipro Ltd . (NS: WIPR ), which lost 1.89% or 10.40 points to trade at 538.85 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 1.52% or 2.10 points to end at 135.90 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (NS: AXBK ) shed 1.27% or 7.20 points to 558.25.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which rose 3.41% to 144.25, Coal India Limited (BO: COAL ) which was up 3.23% to settle at 329.25 and Tata Power Co. Ltd (BO: TTPW ) which gained 2.77% to close at 72.35.
The worst performers were Wipro Ltd. (BO: WIPR ) which was down 1.97% to 538.60 in late trade, Hindalco Industries Ltd. (BO: HALC ) which lost 1.49% to settle at 135.80 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 0.98% to 558.45 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 995 to 461 and 71 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1051 rose and 565 declined, while 51 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.23% to 15.9900.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was down 0.51% or 6.85 to $1325.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.18% or 0.08 to hit $45.53 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.45% or 0.21 to trade at $46.87 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.00% to 67.186, while EUR/INR fell 0.11% to 73.9770.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.07% at 97.13.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.