The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ), which rose 3.52% or 136.85 points to trade at 4028.70 at the close. Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) added 2.64% or 20.75 points to end at 806.90 and Larsen & Toubro Limited (NS: LART ) was up 2.53% or 37.30 points to 1512.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bosch Ltd (NS: BOSH ), which lost 2.29% or 566.45 points to trade at 24167.80 in late trade. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) declined 2.23% or 5.40 points to end at 236.30 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) shed 2.15% or 3.50 points to 159.25.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Larsen & Toubro Limited (BO: LART ) which rose 2.71% to 1513.85, Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which was up 2.13% to settle at 3547.50 and HDFC Bank Ltd. (BO: HDBK ) which gained 1.83% to close at 1290.75.
The worst performers were Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 2.75% to 170.05 in late trade, TATA STEEL LIMITED (BO: TISC ) which lost 1.95% to settle at 370.45 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which was down 1.92% to 237.05 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 796 to 673 and 63 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 836 fell and 753 advanced, while 89 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.71% to 13.2425.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.04% or 0.55 to $1317.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.60% or 0.28 to hit $46.07 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.82% or 0.40 to trade at $48.33 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.35% to 66.910, while EUR/INR fell 0.30% to 74.5980.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.01% at 96.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.