The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ICICI Bank Ltd . (NS: ICBK ), which rose 9.18% or 25.05 points to trade at 297.80 at the close. Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) added 3.88% or 44.95 points to end at 1203.45 and Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone (NS: APSE ) was up 3.66% or 12.00 points to 339.45 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which lost 2.33% or 4.60 points to trade at 192.45 in late trade. Tata Motors Ltd . (NS: TAMO ) declined 2.26% or 10.10 points to end at 436.50 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) shed 2.05% or 17.10 points to 818.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which rose 9.24% to 297.95, Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone (BO: APSE ) which was up 3.68% to settle at 339.60 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which gained 3.63% to close at 518.90.
The worst performers were Tata Motors Ltd. (BO: TAMO ) which was down 2.27% to 436.50 in late trade, Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which lost 1.15% to settle at 188.75 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was down 0.89% to 1335.25 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 807 to 761 and 10 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1406 rose and 1375 declined, while 132 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.69% to 11.3325.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 1.02% or 12.77 to $1235.73 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 1.23% or 0.59 to hit $47.23 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.26% or 0.64 to trade at $50.15 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.08% to 64.192, while EUR/INR rose 0.44% to 70.1651.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.25% at 99.01.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.