The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bosch Ltd (NS: BOSH ), which rose 3.32% or 687.45 points to trade at 21363.60 at the close. ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ) added 3.15% or 10.05 points to end at 329.40 and Yes Bank Ltd. (NS: YESB ) was up 3.13% or 29.75 points to 980.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bank Of Baroda (NS: BOB ), which lost 8.25% or 12.80 points to trade at 142.30 in late trade. State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) declined 4.35% or 8.05 points to end at 176.80 and Punjab National Bank (NS: PNBK ) shed 3.41% or 2.65 points to 74.95.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. (BO: REDY ) which rose 3.16% to 3004.25, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was up 3.13% to settle at 329.30 and HDFC Bank Ltd. (BO: HDBK ) which gained 2.01% to close at 1163.05.
The worst performers were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 4.22% to 177.20 in late trade, Cipla Ltd. (BO: CIPL ) which lost 1.47% to settle at 523.45 and ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which was down 1.13% to 224.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 724 to 696 and 69 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 775 rose and 774 declined, while 72 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.21% to 17.0325.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 0.82% or 10.45 to $1283.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.88% or 0.87 to hit $47.08 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.99% or 0.95 to trade at $48.78 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.27% to 66.826, while EUR/INR rose 0.07% to 75.6360.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.01% at 94.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.