The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which rose 6.23% or 9.80 points to trade at 167.15 at the close. Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) added 3.46% or 15.00 points to end at 449.00 and Bajaj Auto Limited (NS: BAJA ) was up 3.43% or 86.60 points to 2611.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ), which lost 3.37% or 4.35 points to trade at 124.55 in late trade. Larsen & Toubro Limited (NS: LART ) declined 1.51% or 20.35 points to end at 1327.55 and GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ) shed 1.49% or 6.25 points to 414.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which rose 2.97% to 4930.50, Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which was up 2.89% to settle at 2600.60 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 2.54% to close at 820.00.
The worst performers were Larsen & Toubro Limited (BO: LART ) which was down 1.41% to 1329.20 in late trade, Gail (India) Ltd. (BO: GAIL ) which lost 1.33% to settle at 414.55 and NTPC Limited (BO: NTPC ) which was down 0.87% to 153.55 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 936 to 537 and 60 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1435 rose and 1082 declined, while 184 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.31% to 18.4650.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.62% or 7.45 to $1217.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.33% or 0.64 to hit $48.88 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.64% or 0.80 to trade at $49.70 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.07% to 68.175, while EUR/INR fell 0.04% to 72.5010.
The US Dollar Index was unchanged 0.00% at 100.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.