India shares lower at close of trade; Nifty 50 down 0.26%
Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Oil & Gas , Consumer Durables and Green Energy sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 declined 0.26%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index declined 0.25%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. (NS: ARBN ), which rose 2.47% or 17.90 points to trade at 742.85 at the close. Ambuja Cements Ltd. (NS: ABUJ ) added 1.63% or 4.40 points to end at 273.95 and NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) was up 1.40% or 2.35 points to 170.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which lost 3.03% or 14.10 points to trade at 450.95 in late trade. Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ) declined 2.85% or 11.85 points to end at 404.65 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) shed 1.94% or 4.05 points to 205.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which rose 1.79% to 170.80, Coal India Ltd (BO: COAL ) which was up 1.11% to settle at 273.00 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which gained 0.85% to close at 1300.00.
The worst performers were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 1.99% to 204.85 in late trade, ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which lost 1.54% to settle at 271.75 and Gail (India) Ltd. (BO: GAIL ) which was down 1.25% to 430.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 882 to 659 and 27 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1453 rose and 1104 declined, while 105 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.76% to 11.7100.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.34% or 4.40 to $1281.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.22% or 0.11 to hit $50.09 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.66% or 0.37 to trade at $56.17 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.05% to 65.045, while EUR/INR fell 0.05% to 76.4352.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 93.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or