The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which rose 2.09% or 23.80 points to trade at 1160.80 at the close. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) added 0.94% or 16.15 points to end at 1726.25 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) was up 0.84% or 6.15 points to 734.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ), which lost 3.00% or 5.93 points to trade at 192.05 in late trade. Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ) declined 2.20% or 7.00 points to end at 311.85 and Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) shed 1.86% or 17.25 points to 911.80.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which rose 2.14% to 1160.95, HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which was up 0.79% to settle at 1880.10 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which gained 0.67% to close at 733.60.
The worst performers were Yes Bank Ltd (BO: YESB ) which was down 2.04% to 312.40 in late trade, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 1.76% to settle at 912.25 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was down 1.60% to 301.45 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1028 to 566 and 43 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1605 rose and 1004 declined, while 150 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.23% to 14.3300.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.14% or 1.80 to $1323.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $60.95 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.18% or 0.12 to trade at $64.77 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.08% to 64.905, while EUR/INR rose 0.02% to 80.2094.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 89.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.