India shares lower at close of trade; Nifty 50 down 0.92%
Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Real Estate , Healthcare and Capital Goods sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 declined 0.92%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index declined 0.93%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Power Co. Ltd (NS: TTPW ), which rose 1.80% or 1.45 points to trade at 81.85 at the close. Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) added 1.28% or 3.25 points to end at 257.05 and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) was up 0.92% or 4.80 points to 526.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ACC Ltd (NS: ACC ), which lost 3.30% or 55.65 points to trade at 1632.65 in late trade. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. (NS: ARBN ) declined 3.22% or 23.35 points to end at 700.85 and Adani Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ) shed 3.33% or 13.35 points to 388.65.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Coal India Ltd (BO: COAL ) which rose 1.20% to 256.95, ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was up 0.87% to settle at 279.50 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 0.55% to close at 1246.35.
The worst performers were Adani Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd (BO: APSE ) which was down 3.29% to 388.05 in late trade, Lupin Ltd (BO: LUPN ) which lost 2.20% to settle at 991.30 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 2.20% to 640.15 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1276 to 288 and 16 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1922 fell and 582 advanced, while 139 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 4.14% to 13.3400.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.03% or 0.40 to $1297.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.04% or 0.02 to hit $50.64 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.67% or 0.38 to trade at $56.80 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.31% to 65.107, while EUR/INR fell 0.05% to 77.3814.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.37% at 92.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or