The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ), which rose 2.49% or 10.80 points to trade at 445.20 at the close. Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) added 0.80% or 4.40 points to end at 559.50 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ) was up 1.33% or 54.40 points to 4150.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ), which lost 3.30% or 18.10 points to trade at 531.75 in late trade. ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) declined 2.84% or 8.60 points to end at 295.05 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) shed 2.66% or 19.70 points to 719.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which rose 1.21% to 1707.10, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was up 0.79% to settle at 660.50 and Hero MotoCorp Ltd (BO: HROM ) which gained 0.35% to close at 3570.00.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 2.95% to 531.70 in late trade, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which lost 2.77% to settle at 256.50 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was down 2.64% to 295.10 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1304 to 300 and 36 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1993 fell and 636 advanced, while 152 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 5.52% to 16.2450.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.47% or 6.20 to $1326.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.21% or 0.13 to hit $62.70 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.12% or 0.08 to trade at $65.62 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.12% to 65.077, while EUR/INR rose 0.15% to 80.3352.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 89.89.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.