The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ), which rose 1.05% or 4.85 points to trade at 468.40 at the close. Bosch Ltd (NS: BOSH ) added 1.04% or 209.40 points to end at 20333.75 and Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd (NS: INBF ) was up 0.23% or 2.75 points to 1205.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which lost 3.36% or 25.30 points to trade at 731.35 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 2.88% or 7.10 points to end at 240.45 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) shed 2.60% or 8.55 points to 320.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Gail (India) Ltd. (BO: GAIL ) which rose 1.45% to 468.50, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was up 0.45% to settle at 2286.35 and NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which gained 0.36% to close at 182.50.
The worst performers were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 2.54% to 320.45 in late trade, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 2.42% to settle at 922.60 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 2.39% to 536.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 911 to 643 and 38 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1389 fell and 1229 advanced, while 149 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.75% to 13.5500.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.11% or 1.38 to $1280.72 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.99% or 0.57 to hit $57.87 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.14% or 0.71 to trade at $63.24 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.24% to 64.575, while EUR/INR rose 0.16% to 76.3679.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 93.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.