The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Idea Cellular Ltd (NS: IDEA ), which rose 9.90% or 10.20 points to trade at 113.25 at the close. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ) added 3.32% or 5.35 points to end at 166.70 and Bank Of Baroda (NS: BOB ) was up 3.26% or 5.25 points to 166.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ), which lost 2.67% or 68.50 points to trade at 2499.00 in late trade. Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) declined 2.28% or 23.60 points to end at 1011.20 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) shed 1.46% or 12.45 points to 841.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which rose 1.24% to 3399.25, TATA STEEL LIMITED (BO: TISC ) which was up 1.24% to settle at 478.55 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which gained 1.16% to close at 1304.40.
The worst performers were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 2.42% to 2500.30 in late trade, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which lost 2.21% to settle at 1012.10 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was down 1.54% to 899.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 787 to 698 and 81 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1389 rose and 1350 declined, while 178 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.18% to 12.4225.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.10% or 1.15 to $1201.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.91% or 0.91 to hit $48.63 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.67% or 0.85 to trade at $51.77 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.22% to 65.621, while EUR/INR fell 0.08% to 69.6979.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 101.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.