The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ), which rose 4.58% or 7.85 points to trade at 179.10 at the close. Ambuja Cements Ltd. (NS: ABUJ ) added 1.93% or 4.60 points to end at 243.35 and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) was up 1.82% or 9.90 points to 553.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which lost 2.14% or 4.25 points to trade at 193.95 in late trade. ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ) declined 1.74% or 4.85 points to end at 274.10 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) shed 1.51% or 4.50 points to 292.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were TATA STEEL LIMITED (BO: TISC ) which rose 1.68% to 501.65, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was up 1.66% to settle at 1438.35 and Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which gained 1.46% to close at 2801.00.
The worst performers were ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 1.65% to 274.35 in late trade, ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which lost 1.40% to settle at 280.85 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 1.35% to 292.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 839 to 725 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1419 rose and 1383 declined, while 128 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.25% to 11.2900 a new all time low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.49% or 6.15 to $1254.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.18% or 0.09 to hit $51.24 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.24% or 0.13 to trade at $54.49 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.41% to 64.790, while EUR/INR fell 0.06% to 69.1284.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 100.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.