India shares lower at close of trade; Nifty 50 down 0.09%
Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the IT , Technology and Consumer Durables sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 fell 0.09%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index fell 0.03%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ), which rose 3.37% or 48.60 points to trade at 1491.15 at the close. Lupin Ltd (NS: LUPN ) added 3.33% or 36.00 points to end at 1117.30 and Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. (NS: ARBN ) was up 2.00% or 13.65 points to 697.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ), which lost 2.50% or 10.35 points to trade at 404.35 in late trade. Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) declined 1.69% or 21.55 points to end at 1250.85 and Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd (NS: INBF ) shed 1.70% or 18.40 points to 1065.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which rose 3.43% to 1490.80, Lupin Ltd (BO: LUPN ) which was up 3.28% to settle at 1116.75 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which gained 1.39% to close at 2705.10.
The worst performers were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was down 1.28% to 289.80 in late trade, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which lost 1.25% to settle at 503.30 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was down 1.21% to 936.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 795 to 763 and 10 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1357 rose and 1248 declined, while 127 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.05% to 10.8675.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.20% or 2.44 to $1220.86 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 3.14% or 1.43 to hit $44.09 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 2.99% or 1.44 to trade at $46.67 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.18% to 64.615, while EUR/INR fell 0.23% to 73.7690.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 95.77.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or