India shares lower at close of trade; Nifty 50 down 0.13%
Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Real Estate , Technology and Power sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 lost 0.13%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index lost 0.10%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ), which rose 2.04% or 7.85 points to trade at 391.75 at the close. Housing Development Finance Corp. (NS: HDFC ) added 1.37% or 19.30 points to end at 1424.75 and Coal India Limited (NS: COAL ) was up 1.35% or 4.50 points to 338.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Idea Cellular Ltd (NS: IDEA ), which lost 10.49% or 9.80 points to trade at 83.65 in late trade. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) declined 6.27% or 20.80 points to end at 310.85 and Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) shed 2.91% or 30.80 points to 1029.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Gail (India) Ltd. (BO: GAIL ) which rose 2.06% to 392.00, Coal India Limited (BO: COAL ) which was up 1.32% to settle at 338.05 and ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which gained 1.24% to close at 260.90.
The worst performers were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 6.37% to 310.70 in late trade, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 2.73% to settle at 1029.15 and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which was down 2.48% to 135.60 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 979 to 495 and 51 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1038 fell and 588 advanced, while 51 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.74% to 13.3400.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.16% or 2.05 to $1309.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.07% or 0.03 to hit $44.73 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.09% or 0.04 to trade at $46.85 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.04% to 67.002, while EUR/INR fell 0.05% to 74.6880.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.02% at 96.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or