The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ), which rose 6.45% or 1361.05 points to trade at 22460.85 at the close. Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone (NS: APSE ) added 3.17% or 7.15 points to end at 232.40 and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) was up 2.57% or 12.45 points to 497.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ICICI Bank Ltd . (NS: ICBK ), which lost 3.35% or 9.10 points to trade at 262.90 in late trade. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) declined 2.65% or 9.85 points to end at 362.05 and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ) shed 2.38% or 3.55 points to 145.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which rose 1.89% to 2711.00, Cipla Ltd. (BO: CIPL ) which was up 1.83% to settle at 530.05 and Tata Power Co. Ltd (BO: TTPW ) which gained 1.77% to close at 72.00.
The worst performers were ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which was down 3.40% to 262.85 in late trade, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which lost 2.70% to settle at 362.05 and Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 2.69% to 164.60 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 832 to 641 and 64 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 913 fell and 698 advanced, while 69 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.52% to 14.9175.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.01% or 0.10 to $1341.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 1.00% or 0.41 to hit $40.73 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 1.16% or 0.50 to trade at $42.73 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.01% to 67.013, while EUR/INR rose 0.26% to 74.4370.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.42% at 96.28.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.