The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which rose 3.97% or 4.40 points to trade at 115.30 at the close. Vedanta Ltd (NS: VDAN ) added 3.55% or 4.00 points to end at 116.80 and Punjab National Bank (NS: PNBK ) was up 2.31% or 1.90 points to 84.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Motors DV Ltd (NS: TAMdv ), which lost 3.29% or 10.65 points to trade at 312.65 in late trade. TATA STEEL LIMITED (NS: TISC ) declined 2.24% or 7.65 points to end at 334.40 and Tata Motors Ltd . (NS: TAMO ) shed 2.18% or 10.20 points to 456.95.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (BO: HALC ) which rose 3.88% to 115.20, Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was up 3.27% to settle at 116.70 and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which gained 2.02% to close at 123.65.
The worst performers were Gail (India) Ltd. (BO: GAIL ) which was down 2.09% to 367.45 in late trade, TATA STEEL LIMITED (BO: TISC ) which lost 2.08% to settle at 334.95 and Tata Motors Ltd. (BO: TAMO ) which was down 2.04% to 457.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 785 to 648 and 62 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 853 fell and 701 advanced, while 69 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.90% to 15.9700.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was down 0.03% or 0.40 to $1272.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.13% or 0.57 to hit $49.99 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.96% or 0.50 to trade at $51.45 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.09% to 66.737, while EUR/INR fell 0.21% to 75.4110.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.10% at 94.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.