The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ), which rose 2.13% or 19.40 points to trade at 930.05 at the close. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NS: BHEL ) added 1.34% or 1.90 points to end at 143.90 and ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ) was up 1.26% or 3.15 points to 254.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grasim Industries Ltd. (NS: GRAS ), which lost 2.81% or 130.40 points to trade at 4502.25 in late trade. Ambuja Cements Ltd. (NS: ABUJ ) declined 2.33% or 6.45 points to end at 270.00 and ACC Ltd (NS: ACC ) shed 2.14% or 36.20 points to 1655.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which rose 1.94% to 929.65, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was up 1.19% to settle at 254.05 and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which gained 1.16% to close at 143.55.
The worst performers were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 2.02% to 2551.45 in late trade, NTPC Limited (BO: NTPC ) which lost 1.92% to settle at 163.55 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 1.63% to 769.95 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 817 to 637 and 78 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 884 fell and 740 advanced, while 64 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.08% to 14.2350.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.49% or 6.60 to $1339.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 2.87% or 1.41 to hit $47.70 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 3.24% or 1.65 to trade at $49.23 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.07% to 67.186, while EUR/INR fell 0.19% to 75.8790.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.28% at 94.74.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.