The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ), which rose 7.27% or 30.35 points to trade at 447.95 at the close. AXIS Bank Ltd. (NS: AXBK ) added 2.10% or 10.25 points to end at 498.20 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) was up 1.95% or 1.75 points to 91.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Punjab National Bank (NS: PNBK ), which lost 3.69% or 3.05 points to trade at 79.50 in late trade. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) declined 2.70% or 9.95 points to end at 358.90 and Tata Motors DV Ltd (NS: TAMdv ) shed 2.54% or 7.15 points to 273.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which rose 2.16% to 498.40, Hindalco Industries Ltd. (BO: HALC ) which was up 1.95% to settle at 91.60 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which gained 1.12% to close at 3889.85.
The worst performers were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 2.55% to 359.45 in late trade, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which lost 2.30% to settle at 184.95 and Tata Motors Ltd. (BO: TAMO ) which was down 2.26% to 380.10 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 862 to 554 and 69 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 919 fell and 640 advanced, while 56 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.34% to 16.9625.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 0.84% or 10.65 to $1275.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.09% or 0.04 to hit $44.62 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.64% or 0.29 to trade at $45.81 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.02% to 66.615, while EUR/INR rose 0.13% to 75.8690.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.15% at 94.08.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.