India shares lower at close of trade; Nifty 50 down 0.57%
Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Auto , Public Sector Undertakings and Oil & Gas sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 declined 0.57%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index lost 0.49%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA (NS: PGRD ), which rose 1.83% or 3.70 points to trade at 206.00 at the close. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) added 0.95% or 5.10 points to end at 543.80 and Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. (NS: ARBN ) was up 0.95% or 6.30 points to 672.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bank Of Baroda (NS: BOB ), which lost 2.60% or 4.30 points to trade at 160.85 in late trade. Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (NS: IOC ) declined 2.57% or 10.10 points to end at 383.40 and Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) shed 2.11% or 9.55 points to 443.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA (BO: PGRD ) which rose 1.84% to 205.30, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was up 0.97% to settle at 543.95 and Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which gained 0.86% to close at 256.85.
The worst performers were Tata Motors Ltd (BO: TAMO ) which was down 2.14% to 443.10 in late trade, Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which lost 1.95% to settle at 3660.30 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 1.94% to 288.85 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1252 to 300 and 11 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1901 fell and 651 advanced, while 128 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.12% to 11.5575.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.74% or 9.20 to $1258.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.14% or 0.06 to hit $42.80 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.15% or 0.07 to trade at $45.29 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.09% to 64.530, while EUR/INR fell 0.03% to 72.0274.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.16% at 97.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or