The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ACC Ltd (NS: ACC ), which rose 4.68% or 76.40 points to trade at 1708.20 at the close. UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ) added 2.21% or 78.65 points to end at 3638.50 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) was up 1.62% or 18.15 points to 1136.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AXIS Bank Ltd. (NS: AXBK ), which lost 3.62% or 20.20 points to trade at 538.05 in late trade. POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA (NS: PGRD ) declined 3.47% or 5.85 points to end at 162.50 and Bank Of Baroda (NS: BOB ) shed 3.36% or 5.30 points to 152.25.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Coal India Limited (BO: COAL ) which rose 1.21% to 333.25, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 0.84% to settle at 366.90 and Wipro Ltd. (BO: WIPR ) which gained 0.72% to close at 542.50.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 3.62% to 538.25 in late trade, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which lost 3.05% to settle at 139.85 and Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 2.78% to 157.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 959 to 513 and 58 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1012 fell and 583 advanced, while 56 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.74% to 15.7125.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was up 0.06% or 0.75 to $1320.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.20% or 0.09 to hit $45.84 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.15% or 0.07 to trade at $47.24 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.06% to 67.203, while EUR/INR rose 0.07% to 74.0470.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.12% at 97.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.