The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which rose 2.27% or 4.90 points to trade at 220.65 at the close. Coal India Limited (NS: COAL ) added 2.02% or 6.20 points to end at 313.00 and Punjab National Bank (NS: PNBK ) was up 1.98% or 1.60 points to 82.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ), which lost 4.25% or 52.60 points to trade at 1185.50 in late trade. Ambuja Cements Ltd. (NS: ABUJ ) declined 2.64% or 6.30 points to end at 231.90 and Hero MotoCorp Limited (NS: HROM ) shed 2.63% or 83.40 points to 3086.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Coal India Limited (BO: COAL ) which rose 2.13% to 313.35, Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which was up 1.99% to settle at 220.00 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which gained 1.81% to close at 971.45.
The worst performers were Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was down 4.27% to 1185.45 in late trade, Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which lost 2.75% to settle at 3083.25 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 2.29% to 354.35 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 755 to 653 and 90 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 840 fell and 713 advanced, while 73 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.50% to 15.6725.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was down 0.08% or 1.05 to $1261.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.82% or 0.42 to hit $50.81 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.99% or 0.52 to trade at $51.99 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.39% to 66.755, while EUR/INR fell 0.05% to 75.7360.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.30% at 93.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.