Investing.com – India equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Oil & Gas , Real Estate and Public Sector Undertakings sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the IT , Technology and Green Energy sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ), which rose 4.05% or 18.10 points to trade at 466.65 at the close. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (NS: HPCL ) added 4.32% or 15.85 points to end at 382.95 and Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ) was up 2.65% or 9.00 points to 349.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ), which lost 5.44% or 166.05 points to trade at 2886.80 in late trade. Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) declined 1.62% or 17.80 points to end at 1083.90 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) shed 0.79% or 7.65 points to 957.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which rose 2.23% to 530.80, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was up 2.04% to settle at 522.90 and Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which gained 1.70% to close at 427.90.
The worst performers were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 5.22% to 2892.45 in late trade, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which lost 1.46% to settle at 1084.55 and Coal India Ltd (BO: COAL ) which was down 1.02% to 294.75 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1114 to 490 and 43 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1682 rose and 935 declined, while 151 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.21% to 14.4625.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.17% or 2.30 to $1318.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.37% or 0.23 to hit $61.59 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.25% or 0.16 to trade at $65.11 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.14% to 64.875, while EUR/INR fell 0.12% to 80.0601.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 90.01.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.