At the close in Tel Aviv, the TA 35 rose 0.40% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the TA 35 were Israel Corp (TASE: ILCO ), which rose 2.41% or 2030 points to trade at 86100 at the close. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TASE: TEVA ) added 2.39% or 80 points to end at 3428 and Strauss Group (TASE: STRS ) was up 2.04% or 220 points to 10990 in late trade.
Biggest losers included OPKO Health Inc (TASE: OPK ), which lost 5.91% or 52 points to trade at 835 in late trade. Ormat Technologies (TASE: ORA ) declined 2.45% or 560 points to end at 22290 and Bazan Oil Refineries Ltd (TASE: ORL ) shed 1.77% or 3.2 points to 177.8.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 201 to 176 and 41 ended unchanged on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 1.08% or 0.61 to $56.86 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 1.62% or 1.01 to hit $63.41 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.81% or 11.45 to trade at $1419.45 a troy ounce.
USD/ILS was down 0.07% to 3.5693, while EUR/ILS fell 0.08% to 4.0271.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 96.333.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.