At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 rose 0.07% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Unione di Banche Italiane SpA (MI: UBI ), which rose 1.59% or 0.0610 points to trade at 3.8930 at the close. Leonardo SpA (MI: LDOF ) added 1.56% or 0.146 points to end at 9.530 and Unipol Gruppo Finanziario Spa (MI: UNPI ) was up 1.18% or 0.050 points to 4.295 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Moncler SpA (MI: MONC ), which lost 1.12% or 0.38 points to trade at 33.66 in late trade. Buzzi Unicem (MI: BZU ) declined 1.00% or 0.19 points to end at 19.37 and Snam (MI: SRG ) shed 0.84% or 0.032 points to 3.799.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 167 to 165 and 39 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was down 1.20% or 0.81 to $66.58 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June fell 1.09% or 0.79 to hit $71.79 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.27% or 3.70 to trade at $1351.60 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.2376, while EUR/GBP fell 0.31% to 0.8635.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.37% at 89.18.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.