At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 gained 0.49% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Saipem SpA (MI: SPMI ), which rose 4.18% or 0.1350 points to trade at 3.3610 at the close. Moncler SpA (MI: MONC ) added 2.23% or 0.77 points to end at 35.23 and Salvatore Ferragamo (MI: SFER ) was up 2.16% or 0.50 points to 23.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Davide Campari Milano SpA (MI: CPRI ), which lost 2.19% or 0.14 points to trade at 6.24 in late trade. Pirelli & C SPA (MI: PIRC ) declined 2.06% or 0.15 points to end at 7.02 and Freni Brembo SpA (MI: BRBI ) shed 1.85% or 0.23 points to 12.18.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 203 to 149 and 37 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 1.79% or 1.19 to $67.71 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 1.51% or 1.08 to hit $72.66 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.37% or 5.00 to trade at $1354.50 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.2386, while EUR/GBP rose 0.57% to 0.8708.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 89.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.