At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 added 0.62%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Terna (MI: TRN ), which rose 4.77% or 0.215 points to trade at 4.727 at the close. Snam (MI: SRG ) added 4.66% or 0.167 points to end at 3.750 and Enel (MI: ENEI ) was up 3.71% or 0.178 points to 4.975 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics (MI: STM ), which lost 5.32% or 1.015 points to trade at 18.060 in late trade. Buzzi Unicem (MI: BZU ) declined 2.45% or 0.48 points to end at 19.08 and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (MI: FCHA ) shed 2.01% or 0.338 points to 16.450.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 212 to 133 and 29 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was down 1.75% or 1.14 to $64.11 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June fell 1.50% or 1.04 to hit $68.42 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 1.16% or 15.60 to trade at $1326.40 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.46% to 1.2346, while EUR/GBP fell 0.18% to 0.8749.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.55% at 89.45.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.