At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 added 0.67%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were STMicroelectronics (MI: STM ), which rose 3.89% or 0.425 points to trade at 11.340 at the close. Azimut Holding (MI: AZMT ) added 3.83% or 0.38 points to end at 10.38 and Amplifon (MI: AMPF ) was up 3.06% or 0.440 points to 14.840 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Recordati (MI: RECI ), which lost 1.23% or 0.37 points to trade at 29.75 in late trade. Pirelli & C SPA (MI: PIRC ) declined 0.95% or 0.05 points to end at 5.64 and Davide Campari Milano SpA (MI: CPRI ) shed 0.90% or 0.07 points to 7.75.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 204 to 152 and 29 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 2.73% or 1.31 to $49.27 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March rose 2.05% or 1.17 to hit $58.23 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.26% or 3.30 to trade at $1289.10 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.62% to 1.1464, while EUR/GBP rose 0.35% to 0.8980.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.46% at 95.308.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.